Monday, November 21, 2005

WIKI Pedagogy

After a an overwhelming amount of interest in Wikis and Blogs at Learning2005, I found this wonderful breakdown of a WIKI pedagogy .  This was created by Renee Fountain. 

As I continue discussions outside the comfort of the conference, I am constantly reminded of how disruptive technologies make certain instructional design purists feel very uncomfortable.  These folks are very sceptical of new technologies invading the realm of learning/instruction/education and wikis and blogs are no exception.  As frustrating as these personalities are they do help keep faster moving entrepreneurial personalities in check.  Besides, they make us laugh. And its a good reminder, for me, of an old coworker who once said "the internet is the petrock of the 90's".  I sometimes wonder if he's blogging or contributing to a wiki somewhere.


No comments: