Monday, June 19, 2006

Googlearn

So, I've been thinking about this for some time now and instead of pitching it to Google I will just throw it out to my devoted 6 readers.  Google has landed on the top of many "best learning tools" lists, but I don't think it would take much more for Google to move into the next level of learning aggregation

...or...Googlearn.

Mark comments about the beta of SwapTree and possibilities of doing something similar with learning objects.  This is what reminded me of the idea and I think Google has more clout to pull it off.

I love using the define feature of Google (you know, enter define: Learning). 

What if you could type...

   learn: car

...and the results were learning objects organized from beginner to expert with tons of links to supporting documents, blogs, wikipedia, etc?  Maybe those returns would be generated based on previous user's ratings of those objects or nodes(I like how Drupal refers to all of the smallest content elements as nodes.)

What do you think?

No comments: