Tuesday, June 06, 2006

SkypeCasting for Sharing/Learning


skyperecording
Originally uploaded by Brent Schlenker.
I have been blogging for almost a year now and so I'm finally looking into podcasting. As an evangelist for informal learning and Learning2.0 tools its important that we help our fellow corporate employees make the transition and see the benefit. In an effort to define a process for quick and easy audio/conversation recording I landed on this FREE method.
For some reason Audacity doesn't cannot record a skype conversation and so I needed an alternative. Wouldn't ya know Windows actually came through for me for once.
Check out my screenshot for the setup. Its so easy I couldn't believe it was actually part of a Microsoft product. But hey, I'll use whatever works and this works.
Open Skype, Sound Recorder, Volume Control, and Recording Control and then just experiment from there. Happy SkypeCasting!
UPDATE: Audacity! Does work with this setup as well.

No comments: