Thursday, September 07, 2006

Another reason why Apple ROCKS!


With the cloud of layoffs hanging over Intel employee's heads, spirits are low to say the least.  But, in my case when the going gets tough, the tough go...well...shopping!

Okay, so not normally, but I thought it sounded funny.  Anyways...
Monday afternoon I ordered up a fully loaded 20" iMac.  Can you imagine my dissapointment when I saw the wednesday morning announcement of the NEW iMacs?  Just as I'm about ready to pick up the phone and raise some heck, I get this email...
To Our Valued Apple Customer:
  Apple is pleased to announce the new iMac with Intel Core 2 Duo processor.
  Because your order has not yet shipped, we will automatically send you a new
  iMac at no additional charge.
So for NO charge...I'm getting the amazing Core2Duo instead of the amazing CoreDuo...without needing to call and ask. Thanks APPLE! I love you guys!

2 comments:

Josh Bancroft said...

Awesome! Now that's the way to create passionate customers.

I'm officially jealous now - I've yet to get my hands on a Core 2 Duo powered anything... :-)

bschlenker said...

Ya know, Josh. I like to call myself a beta geek because I'm always one generation behind in technology. My friends, the alpha geeks, always have the shiny new stuff. This will be the first time in my life to have beaten them to the latest technology...so I'm glowing in this for as long as I can :)
Cheers! Congrats again on the new little one.