Thursday, October 19, 2006

A time to be thankful...and to learn a little


I had the pleasure of hanging out with my 9-year-old's 4th grade class on their field trip to St. Vincent de Paul today.
What a fabulous organization!  I've been giving clothes and old furniture to them my entire life but I've never visited their main building in Phoenix.  They run an amazing logistical operation that utilizing everything that is received in way or another;  nothing goes unutilized.  For example:  Clothes that don't meet QC for resale are smashed into 1 thousand pound cubes.  The entire cube is then sold to manufactures that can use the fabric for their operation.   Everyone knows of their work with the homeless and needy, but I don't think people really understand what an incredible recycling operation they run. 

No comments: