Sunday, December 17, 2006

The Amazing Bloggosphere

It's 11pm. The wife and kids are asleep and I find myself restless, so here I sit reading through bloglines. I'm scrolling through Jay Cross's blogs and I see a great snippet he has from Tom Haskins blog. I love the clip but don't bother to click through. I then hit his InternetTime blog and read My father died this morning.



stopping the world />

In our hurried lives, blogging and saving the world through improving education, it's sometimes difficult to stop and reflect on life...let alone blog about those personal events. A more touching 4 picture tribute I've never seen.



I've been reading Jay and hearing him speak at conferences for several years. I have never talked with him until last week but felt like I was talking to an old friend. I believe strong emotional, human, connections CAN be made via technology and through the amazing bloggosphere. In all that we do, remember this one thing...ITS ABOUT THE PEOPLE! NOT THE TECHNOLOGY!



God bless you and your family, Jay.

No comments: