Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Happy Anniversary Corporate eLearning Development

Well, I made it to 12 months. My first post was on this day in 2005. My original plan was to do it for 6 months just to see what all the fuss was about. By the time that 6 month mark hit I was fully engaged well beyond my original intent. I've had conversations with other Learning professionals via the blog, and met amazing people from around the world...Japan, China, Australia, England, and more.
So now what? Well, podcasting of course! It would have been cool to have episode #1 ready for today but that just didn't happen. But it's in the works and I look forward to sharing podcasting and vlogging with you in the near future.
Anything else, Brent? Why yes! Glad you asked. It's time to start REALLY digging into Secondlife. I truly believe 2L to be the learning space of the future without any hesitation. My inworld name is RightBrain Musketeer. I'm still a noob, so my avatar is wearing a tux with the sleeves to short and "floods" for pants, not to mention being barefoot. [So, I'm looking for a cool 3 musketeer outfit (no! not the candybar!) if anyone out there can point me in the right direction.] My good friend Mark Oehlert, better known inworld as ChuckNorris Mission, has mentored me well to this point. His avatar is very cool, swords and all! I will be presenting a session in Oct at the DevLearn conference (session 503) on using Secondlife as a learning tool. Mark and I presented at the Serious Games conference on this topic and I hope to expand our discussion. I'm working on a live simultaneous inworld event, so perhaps Mark...I mean chucknorris... can join us virtually. I hope to see many of my learning colleagues there in person and virtually.
The last 12months have been the most amazing learning experience for me...greater than ANY formal education I have ever recieved. Everything2.0 is significantly changing our lives and I'm just happy to be along for the ride.
Thanks to my fellow eLearning bloggers who have linked, and supported my comments and remarks. Its those conversations that have truly impacted me and kept me coming back for more.
Here's to another year! Cheers!

UPDATE: I share my blog birthday/anniversary (whatever) with the tool that I use...BLOGGER: Born on this day in 1999.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great celebration of the one year Brent.

I only came across your blog two weeks ago, but have become an addict.

Keep up the good work.

As a textual learner I find it harder to get as excited about SecondLife as you do, but can see for the majority of visual users the image element will make a huge difference.

I'll keep watching, and listening in the year ahead to inform our developments here in Wales.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Brent - your blog is AWESOME! I love it. I learn something every time I log on ... keep it up, dude and keep keeping ME up on all the L2.0 stuff.

bschlenker said...

Thanks for connecting with me Haydn, and Shel. I will put you both on the list for guests on the podcast ;)
Thanks for the feedback!