Saturday, November 27, 2010

WoW in Schools - Not in Corporate Training

I like playing wow. There I said it. Judge me if you must. I see a lot of learning possibilities in wow. But it's not what you think. I don't think everybody should start playing wow as part of their job. And while I'm convinced kids do learn a lot while playing the game, I'm not convinced that those skills transfer completely into the real world.

What I do know is that unreachable, hyperactive, "problem" kids can sit for hours fully focused, communicating with others, functioning as part of team, and feel successful in a world that most perceive as just a game. But I'd argue that Chess is just a game.

But no time for that argument here. I just thought this video might interest some of my friends in education.

Amplify’d from www.convergemag.com

World of Warcraft Invades Language Arts Class


Read more at www.convergemag.com
 

Post a Comment