Tuesday, August 26, 2008

RSS: The New Learning Pipeline - Online Forum Session, Sept. 18th


I will be giving a session during next month's Online Forum: Implementing e-Learning 2.0 Technologies. My session is titled RSS: The New Learning Pipeline. Clear your calendar for the 18th and 19th of September. Its going to be fun!!!

I believe RSS technology is the most misunderstood of all the technologies in a Web2.0 world. While many may never need to know what it is, as an e-Learning designer/developer/manager it is critical that you understand how it works and how it impacts your job...and your life.

I love presenting this session because it gives a chance to focus heavily on it instead of mixing it into a larger e-Learning 2.0 conversation. For 1 hour we can figure it all out and you will be on your way to becoming a power user of Web2.0.

Also, I've just updated a lot of stuff on my blog and I'd love for you to click on some links for me to test out the "goal" feature of Google Analytics. So, click HERE, click HERE. Thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Brent

Being a bit radical here but wouldn't it be good if the elearning Guild used a Google Calendar for any online events that people like me to subscribe to? That way the Google Calendar automatically converts to my time zone and I can work out if I can attend?

Yep and I clicked just for you :)

bschlenker said...

This is one of those moments where I go...DOH!

I wish I had an incredibly brilliant answer as to why we don't have a public calendar for Guild events. But I don't. At least I don't think I do. Perhaps others have suggested it before my time, or I missed the memo. But either way, darn it, I'm going to get something going.

Thanks for the kick in the head ;-)
B

Anonymous said...

Well I know how hard you work to ensure all the collaborative aspects of what you do (like twitter :) )that it did seem a bit like -- well why aren't they? Classroom 2.0 does it which is so good but unfortunately most of their sessions are 12-1 am (my time).