Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Social Networking in Plain English - Yeah!

These guys keep crankin' 'em out. I love it!


Social Networking is also Social Learning. I think deepest learning comes from human connections and Social Networking tools make it easier than ever to connect to the people you want to learn something from, or with whom you are willing to learn with, together, collaboratively.

Before there was online social networking I remember reading business books about the power of the "rollodex": Important successful people ALWAYS had a massive rollodex. At the time I remember thinking about the dozen or so people that I had on a piece of paper in my school notebook. Yikes! This isn't going to cut it I thought. But how the heck am I going to get to know more people? And that's where the thought ended and it was probably around that time that I decided to go back to school.

Enter, the web! And now Web2.0! My life is very different and I feel like I know a ton of brilliant people that I could email, chat, or call about any of the cool things I may be doing! I love this stuff!

No comments: