Sunday, October 21, 2007

Off topic: I want HEROES back on my ipod



Can you believe this mess of a web site? What the heck was NBC thinking? I don't get a lot of time to watch TV, I don't have Tivo, but I LOVE my iPhone/ipod. The only show I watch these days is HEROES and now I can't get it onto my ipod.

So today, I find myself with a quiet house and some free time, so I check to see how I can catch up on the show. The web site above is what I'm greeted with. Does it make any sense to you? What a nightmare!!! I FINALLY find a page that looks like it might play the first episode of the season, and I'm forced to watch a COMMERCIAL!!! All I want is the feed to get it too my iPod. NOTHING! You HAVE to watch it on the web page. WTF!!!! Who does that?

After all that's happened, old media grey matter STILL doesn't get it. STOP making my life miserable you idiots! Here's a little tip: Yes, I consume digital media. No, I don't consume it on my laptop or my desktop. Those files may sit on my harddrive but they play on my TV or my portable device.



DevLearn - The eLearning Development Conference & Expo
Co-located with the Adobe Learning Summit
November 5-9, 2007
San Jose, CA

4 comments:

Aaron said...

There *is* a solution for this. Since NBC (even in HD) is broadcast through the air, just hook up your Mac and make it into a DVR, recording HD Heroes for free, which is perfectly legal, and then set up a batch to convert it to h.264 and import it into iTunes so you can play it on your iPhone or iPod.

This is what I'm moving to, because I'm sick of Comcast jacking the rates while blocking certain content or modes of data exchange in their internet service

Anonymous said...

Another reason why I like you, Brent--love, love, LOVE Heroes! Although I do like to watch it on a bigger screen. :-)

bschlenker said...

I've often thought of using eyetv. Is that what you are talking about, Aaron?
I didn't know if those things worked very well. I heard someone on MacBreak Weekly say how great it was.
So maybe I'll give it a try.

Gary H said...

It's stupidity like the NBC website that push people to file sharing. Why should I be forced to watch the commercials when I can get it for free (in HD) with BitTorrent? Not that I'm advocating piracy, but networks need to stop thinking like it's 1950. People paid for Heroes on iTunes, so why doesn't NBC offer a paid download without commercials? Are they afraid people will share the files? Wake up, the shows are already be shared. The blatant promotions in the show should be advertising enough.