Sunday, January 06, 2008

Bar codes + Cell phones = Next big thing 2008

I think I listed QR codes in my predictions for 2008. No, they aren't yet available in the US. But they're coming. And its already hitting the streets on the Sprint network.

I just saw a full page Sprint ad in WIRED (Jan2008) with the tag line "The captivating future of the bar code". I couldn't find any info on their web site.

With a camera phone and a Sprint data plan, text "scan" to 70734 and download the free application. The use the new app on your cell phone and snap a pic of the bar code in the ad to receive your secret prize.

Of course I'm an iPhone guy, and this is the first time that I'm mildly unhappy about that. Does anyone out there have a Sprint camera phone. If you do please do this little experiment for me and let me know how it turns out.


Powered by ScribeFire.

Post a Comment