Thursday, February 28, 2008

TextExpander ROCKS! Mac app - ultimate timesaver

43 Folders is a favorite site of mine. Merlin Mann is simply a creative genius. But anyways, I've been hearing him talk about TextExpander for quite some time and I just haven't gotten around to checking it out yet.

I finally downloaded it. Wow! After installing it I was still a little unimpressed since it was a preference pain app. Hhhhmmmm. I looked at the settings a was a little scared that I might overright some of the existing quickkeys that I've come to know and love.

After reading a few blog posts from Merlin on how he uses TextExpander I finally decided to give it a go. I love blogging and that is where my biggest text entry pain points are. So, that's where I started. I set up TextExpander and opened Blogger.
Okay...deep breath...here it goes...

I type ",a" (without the quotes) and
BANG!!!
the HTML code appears. Wow! Now I know why people LOVE this tool. I have a ton of uses for it.

Let me know if you use it, and how you use it. I'm sure I'll have some "duh" moments with this so I would love feedback.

The eLearning Guild Annual Gathering 2008 Conference & Expo - April 14-17 - Orlando, FL

No comments: