Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Google Prediction API Opens door for Apps to Learn

Over at the Google Blog is a post:  Google Prediction API helps all apps to adapt and learn

Okay, so I don't know much about what the Google Prediction API actually does, but it sounds pretty awesome!

I mean if Ford can work at making cars smarter about predicting your driving patterns, then this is pretty big.
"Because the API is a cloud-hosted RESTful service, Ford has been able to access its computationally-intensive machine learning algorithms to find patterns that rank potential destinations based on previous driving paths."
I can only begin to imagine how we will use this type of technology.  I know predictive analytics is important for many types of applications, but I have yet to hear of one specifically for learning/training/teaching...of people.  The possibilities seem endless.  I would encourage you to read the post and additional links if you are interested in this space.  eLearning apps may be a lagging indicator in the high tech world, but learning is becoming more and more important in this new economy.

Are you using predictive analytics in your eLearning? If so, I want to hear from you...SOON!

No comments: