Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Creative Problem Solving Infographic - Works with More than Just Product Development

I found this infographic on Mashable Business.  
from Mashable Business - by Ronald Brown
I kind of feel like we have TOO many process frameworks to choose from at times.  But I like this one. I like that its NOT specifically designed for eLearning developers.  Yet, I think it fits nicely into what we do.

For example, we talk a lot about the A in the ADDIE model, Analysis.  But nobody every really breaks that down into what analysis actually means.  I would argue in this model that steps ONE to SIX are ALL part of analysis...maybe starting to flow into design a little.

I LOVE 4 and 5.  I think disconnecting (4) is something I do naturally when it comes to projects.  And that sounds VERY counter-intuitive, I know.  A more analytical mind would call this "unproductive", when in fact it's when the best mental work begins to happen.  I can't prove it, but I've heard similar stories from other creatives.

Number 5 is priceless in it's definition.  "Wait for an idea to appear." BRILLIANT!  Some might argue that you need to MAKE things happens.  I'm not a big fan of forcing the natural creative process.  However, sometimes you have no choice and you need to be creative RIGHT NOW!  I get that.  And sometimes those constraints can influence a different kind of creativity.  But in general the BEST ideas I've had always festered in the back of my mind for a while, incubating, before something popped.  And that's number 5, RETRIEVE.  But I like "Waiting for something to pop" ;-)


Post a Comment