Monday, October 16, 2006

Free Agent Nation hits home

Intel Badge
Originally uploaded by Brent Schlenker.
I attended my first MASIE conference in 2000 where I experienced a significant shift in my thoughts on career and what I wanted to be "when I grow up".

I heard Tom Peters speak for the first time at that event (back then it was Techlearn) and what I heard was what I had been feeling, and known for corporation will ever "take care of you". Me Inc. became my personal montra. Technology enabled the process even more when I discovered Web2.0 and I started this blog. It became very obvious to me that the internet was changing everything...again.

I've spent the last 2+ years of my life embracing web2.0 and being an evangalist for Learning2.0 and all that includes. I've installed wikis, blogged, aggregated, flickr'd, Google'd, Presented, facilitated, taught, traveled and built inworld via Secondlife, and increased my global network of Learning friends significantly via social networking tools. Experiencing and engaging with Web2.0 has been an amazing experience in many, many ways.

Leaving Intel is not hard for me. I have no regrets. (okay, maybe that I didn't leave sooner, but that's another post) Colleagues have referred to the workforce reduction as a bloodbath, and I'm sorry that it feels that way for so many. I'm looking forward to implementing new technologies, and learning strategies, and continuing to connect with the wonderful people in the learning industry.

Besides, now I have more time to blog and discover the metaverse ;-)
Post a Comment