Monday, April 09, 2007

Research Supporting Dropouts...its about time

Okay, so this study isn't scientific, and dang it, I've got no time to write more on this, but I had to post the link Study Says Drop out of school (via digg). The link goes to this blog.
As a father of 3 kids, all in school, this does not surprise me. They have my kids for six hours a day and can't seem to teach them anything...whats up with that?
Anyone interested in starting a virtual school? I figure between ELGG, mediawiki, MOODLE, Secondlife, and now Elluminate, we can get some serious educating done on the cheap. Teachers could make a heck of a lot more money...and all would be right with the world.
Teachers could compete on the open market for students. If I want Miss Jones in Australia to teach 2nd grade math to my second grader then I pay her and we use the technology to connect and make that happen. Miss Jones manages her own schedule and as many students as she can handle for let's say $100/month per kid, and she's tech savvy enought to support 50 kids from around world effectively...I believe that would be a significant pay increase. Can anyone verify? ;-)
Post a Comment