Wednesday, June 06, 2007

T+D Simulation Article I haven't read

I just saw a post from Design of Knowledge titled Simulations in Training: New T+D Article.
I just had a quick thought that I wanted to comment on but wordpress wanted me to register...no thanks.
So I'll post here. You can read the post and/or the T+D article, but here's the part that caught my attention...
"And if the simulation is not supported by reflective activities and orientation activities, the benefits will not be realized."
Now, I'm counting on my colleagues to correct my thinking on this, but doesn't that statement hold true for most, if not ALL, of the learning activities we create...not just for simulations? Consider the text book of old. Don't you gain more by reflecting on what you've read with others than if you simply read the book and then put it down?
Post a Comment