Thursday, December 04, 2008

Social Media vs. Knowledge Management - I totally missed this

I just wanted to quickly share this article from  The KM community has seen themselves as uniquely different from the eLearning community as well.  However, from where I'm sitting its starting to look like Social Media technologies are slowly devouring both fields...and others. 

Okay, so devouring might be a strong word.  But taking the best of Social Media, Knowledge Management, eLearning, User Assistance (and others) and combining them together gives us Enterprise 2.0 solutions. 

The leader in the area of Enterprise 2.0 is Andew McAfee of Harvard Business School. It was a McAfee blog post that alerted me to the SocialComputingMagazine article.

I haven't had a lot of time to fully form my thoughts on this but would love to hear your ideas and/or concerns.
Post a Comment