Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pinterest is Popular! Do We Need Learnist?

This will be a short post. If you haven't heard, there is a very cool new website called that is all the rage with the ladies. The power of Pinterest is in its user interface design and the idea that images are the media content of choice. If you are just now hearing about it I would encourage you to check it out before reading on.

So today, I'm relaxing during my son's basketball practice, and catching up on my stories in my ZITE iPad app. After the first few stories I see this story titled Learnist is like Pinterest for Learning. Seriously?

I don't even need to look at Learnist to make my point and ask you this question. Why can we not use Pinterest as a learning tool? Why do we need to copy what's popular and then spin it as "...for learning"?

This probably wouldn't bother me so much if this was the first time this has happened. Sadly, this is amazingly common in the Internet world. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe what we really need is Loogle? Ya know, it's like google for learning!

Post a Comment