Monday, September 23, 2013

Social Media Works When People Engage

So, I didn't expect to fire up such an engaging conversation with my Welcome back... post.  I was hoping to just ease back into blogging.  So much for that idea.

I engaged with some great eLearning folks on twitter shortly after I published that post and I wanted to be sure and thank them all:
@AndrewJacobsLD
@TriciaRansom
@elearning
@activatelearn
@jess1ecat
@dennisCallahan
@c4lpt
@pinchedhead
@craigtaylor74
@learnNuggets
@tmiket
@fionaquigs
@auAdjunct
@l4lp
@reubenTozman
@elham_ab
@soozietwits
@mrs_behm

Thanks to everyone for the kind words, and engaging in this conversation.

The next day I was delighted to see that Jane Hart was moved to post a response: How do we deal with unwilling corporate learners?

And Dennis Callahan also took to the blogosphere to express Why Learning is Complicated.

And THIS, my good friends is how social media works. If nothing else, I'm thrilled with how far we (the learning industry) have come in a year.  I did not expect this level of engagement.  And while it is a little overwhelming, I'm excited to see how fast the conversation spread from the blog, to twitter, to G+, to LinkedIn, and perhaps Facebook but I don't do Facebook...much.

It's good to be back.

No comments: