Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The NMC, Secondlife, and SnowCrash

I did not attend the New Media Consortium summer conference but wow! I wish did.
NMC Campus Observer has a great video, and blog posts about the Virtual NMC campus in SecondLife.

I also stumbled across a blog called A Second Education. Great 2L stuff here.

My friend Mark Oehlert often refers to Snow Crash. Not being a big fan of cyber-punk, I had not read the book, so short conversation. It came up again with another colleague recently, so I downloaded the audio book and I'm half way through it. Fabulous entertainment value and interesting that it was written in 1992.  Did I miss the movie?  Anyways, secondlife, it seems, is shaping itself into Neal Stephenson's Metaverse. 

The learning possibilities are endless and its fantastic to see many organizations jumping in and playing around.  The NMC is really cool place in 2L.  Check it out if you have a chance.

No comments: