Tuesday, June 27, 2006

RSS: The new intranet protocol? Learning2.0 behind the firewall

From ZDNet is the article RSS: The new intranet protocol?

RSS is the LMS killer! Why? Because it looks like LMS providers have been wanting to become all things to all people by trying to add KM, eLearning, ILT management, learning2.0, etc. all into one package. It's not necessary when IT departments are deploying the informal learning tools behind the firewall. An LMS should simply track usage stats for the small amount of remaining courses and then somehow try to get a data collection point around the informal learning that is occuring. I don't know that answer to that one but the first to figure it out wins.

Also, I really do not like Sharepoint. I do not use it. It's so painful to use within Intel that it just wastes my time. Its nice see MS integrating wikis into the tool but there is so much more that needs to be looked at from a usability perspective. I simply hate it and refuse to use it. And I know I'm not the only one. I have yet to meet a Passionate User of sharepoint.

read more | digg story

No comments: