Monday, August 22, 2011

eLearning Podcasts: Undercast - Overcast - Toolbar

The ToolBar – Episode #5 — Emergent Radio

Podcasting has been around for many years now. I toyed with the idea of a podcast as part of this blog a few years ago. I think I did 2 or 3 before quitting. It was mostly an experiment in learning to understand what it takes to create a podcast. So, I can tell you from personal experience that it is NOT easy. Those choosing to undertake the creation/production/publication of a podcast have my respect.


Brian Dusablon looks to be creating the Emergent Radio network as a channel for eLearning movers and shakers. Aaron Silvers co-hosts the Overcast podcast and the accompanying Undercast podcast. I'm actually listening to Undercast #1 while I write this.


Aaron explains Undercast as supporting discussions and conversations from the ground up. While Overcast is about the questions of eLearning that need to be addressed from the Top down. You might also look at it as a podcast for the "doers"(undercast) and a podcast for eLearning managers(overcast).


Aaron's NUGGET: Narrative! Learn it! Know it! Love it! Do it! Be a great story teller!


And of course I can't leave out The Toolbar episode #5. Of which I'm now listening. Judy and Brian are so fun to listen too. I just want to hang out with them.


I LOVE the conversation! The sound quality and production are great. And I will most certainly be anxiously awaiting the next episode.


Nice job guys...and gal!!!



1 comment:

Judy Unrein said...

Thanks for the writeup, Brent! Hanging out soon is for sure... And we're cooking plans for a ToolBar recording at DevLearn!

I have your old podcast recordings and I've been thinking about relistening to them, actually. Enjoyed them the first time!