Sunday, June 25, 2006

Performance Design Lab

I was browsing my local business magazine The Business Journal, Phoenix edition and came across an article entitled "Problem employees may be stars hidden by bad system".  It looks like it was written by Performance Design lab.

We train people because we think our employees are stupid and just don't get it..."they need more training".  According to the article... "According to studies more than 90% of the time people are not the problem".  Yep!  And only 10% of the time will training actually fix the perceived "problem".  You and I both know that one...right?

I've often asked software developers to put me out of a job by designing stuff that DOES NOT require TRAINING.  Training is what occurs when the software engineers and designers don't do their job.  Its why Apple software ROCKS over ANY other software available.   I pull my iMac out of the box and everything just works...no training required.

1 comment:

Harold Jarche said...

Just in case you don't know (and forgive me if this is old news), PDL was started by Geary Rummler, a leader in the field of HPT. Geary wrote "Improving Performance : How to Manage the White Space in the Organization Chart" and more recently, "Serious Performance Consulting According to Rummler".