Monday, June 26, 2006

Responding to comments...thoughts on blogging.

I haven't done a very good job of responding to those who comment on this blog.  This post rcvd a couple supportive comments from both Harold and Tony.   Their comments reinforced to me why blogging is such a powerful medium.
From Tony...
"I'd suggest to anyone that blogging is an incredible way to keep yourself learning and thinking. Even "Yeah, what he said" is worth doing because it forces you to process and distill what other people are saying."


I totally agree. And from Harold...
"I think that your view, working within a corporation, is valuable, especially to those of us on the outside."


Thanks, guys. While its great to write for one's self, it is also nice to know that others gain value from what you say. I will continue to blog...actually I will be blogging more and differently within the next couple months. More on that later.

Harold also informed me via the comments that...
"PDL was started by Geary Rummler, a leader in the field of HPT. Geary wrote "Improving Performance : How to Manage the White Space in the Organization Chart" and more recently, "Serious Performance Consulting According to Rummler"."
One thing I've learned during my first year of blogging is that it takes time to manage comments and maintain the relationships formed via the blogoshere.  But I also know that I have become smarter and more connected to what's going on around the world than ever before.

I will continue to blog...and love every minute of it!


No comments: