Monday, June 06, 2011

Over 12,000 Subscribers to eLearndev.blogspot.com - Thank You!

On August 23rd 2005 I launched the Corporate eLearning Strategies and Development blog.  In my very first post I made this statement...
I don't believe that many eLearning professionals, especially those under a corporate blanket, understand that the field as we now it is undergoing a drastic change we are not prepared for. I am constantly amazed at the number of seminars, conferences, and EdTech curriculums still preaching old school ISD and how to create all of the "elements of effective eLearning"...forget about it. I would urge you to consider updating your skills in graphics design, color theory, image manipulation, Interaction design, cartooning, comics, audio/video production, and story telling.
We are getting close to August 23rd 2011 and well over 12,000 subscribers.  I'm curious to know if any of you were there on that first day?  Or was that post the proverbial tree falling in the woods?

The reason I ask is that I didn't even realize that I had people reading until 12+ months later when @moehlert awakened me to the growing number of readers.

I'm always humbled by Google analytics and truly appreciate everybody who reads eLearndev.blogspot.com, and contributes to the conversation.  Because, for me, its always been about people, and relationships.  Its been about finding others who enjoy learning, and eLearning, as much as I do.  And as much as I love the tech that connects us, it's always been about the person(s) on the other end of that connection.  I've been blessed to meet eLearning professionals from ALL over the world and continue to meet more every day.  And while its never been about the numbers, I've become addicted to the fresh ideas and new perspectives that come with each new person in my network.

I hope I can continue to offer y'all something of value in this brave new world.  Its a been a fun ride so far, but I'm certain its gets better as time goes on.  Thank you for being a part of the journey.

2 comments:

Kevin Thorn said...

I was just a blip on the scene in '05. That tree falling in the woods back then hit me on the head!

Thanks for all you do for this industry and all the contributions you've made since that first post.

Here's to the next 12,000 subscribers!

bschlenker said...

Thanks Kevin! Its always fun to stop and take a moment to reflect on the past. Its been a fun ride getting to meet so many great people. I'm looking forward to seeing you and many others at DevLearn this year.